Who Is "The Apartment Wife"?
Updated: May 26, 2019
Hello and welcome to my new blog! I am still trying to figure out what I want this blog to be, but in the meanwhile, let me introduce myself!
My name is Kelsey and I am 27 years old (or young, depending on how you look at it). I am very happily married (hence the whole "wife" part). D and I got married in February of 2017 after three long and exciting years of dating and only two very quick and purposeful months of engagement (IMO short engagements are the way to go - especially if you've been dating a long time!)
In the summer of 2018, I felt both the Lord and D telling me I needed to leave my job after nearly four years. The initial plan was to become a housewife and take care of the home as my husband had just gotten a new position that would be very intense and extremely stressful. However, an old co-worker and friend reached out to me about a position at her company, and I felt God really opened this door for me. So after only about two weeks off, I started my new job.
I worked at this new job for about eight months or so, before I was just overwhelmed with the feeling like I was in the wrong spot. D was working odd hours and overnights, so I barely saw him. Our three man (technically woman) crew in the office was affecting me socially as I was not getting enough people-time (BTW I'm very much an extrovert!) and resulted in me really struggling with depression. The job also just wasn't challenging me in ways that resulted in growth. Not only did I feel like this job was not the right fit for me, but I also felt like I was not the right fit for this job. After talking with D and a lot of prayer, the Lord made it very clear what I needed to do. When I brought it up with my co-worker and boss, they both assured me I was making the right decision. They wanted me to be happy above anything and they didn't want to see me so miserable. Things moved really quickly and that Thursday in March was my final day.
Since then, it has been an adjustment getting into my new role. Some days I feel like I am rocking this whole house-wife business. Other days I feel like a teenager on the weekend: just watching Netflix and drinking coffee. Honestly, that's okay! I am learning not to feel guilty if I don't get as much done as I feel like I should. Sometimes, just going to the grocery store and/or making food is a successful day - as long as not every day is like that :)
To wrap up my first blog post, I'm going to share with you some fun facts about my self:
1. I love fun facts/trivia. After I watch a movie or TV show, I immediately get on IMDb.com and read all the trivia and behind the scenes info, because I just like to know things.
2. I am the fourth child (out of five!) and the second and last daughter (three boys, two girls).
3. Narwhals are my favorite animal. I started liking narwhals when D and I were freshly dating (it's a weird story - maybe I will share sometime), and therefore, they will forever remind me of him.
4. The last movie I saw in theaters was Blade Runner 2047 in fall of 2017. I do not like going to the movie theater as movies aren't really my thing (I prefer TV shows because they give you more time to get to know and care about the characters). But there is an ongoing joke with my family and friends that my brother Jordan is the only one who can get me to come see movies (which is true as nearly all of the movies I've seen in the last five years have been with him)
5. I have a pretty decent collection of Starbucks "You Are Here" mugs that I have either purchased on my travels, or have been gifted to by friends and family on their adventures. Despite this, I always check out the mug section at stores because I'm just obsessed with cute mugs.
Thank you all for reading my first blog post and I hope to have more fun and exciting content for you in the future.
Have Fun. Be Safe. Make Good Choices.
Peace I leave with you; my perfect peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27